Welcome to UNC Charlotte's Trans*. This initiative is a campus-wide partnership operated out of the Multicultural Resource Center (MRC).
UNC Charlotte utilizes the term "Trans*" as an umbrella term for those that "transgress," or "transition" between gender norms. This could include identities, but not limited to, transgender, transexual, transvestite, individuals with an intersex condition, Genderqueer, or Non-binary individuals. We utilize the term "Trans*" in an attempt to be as inclusive as we can.
The purpose of this website is to provide basic information, policies, and support resources for trans* students on our campus.
- Information - This section discusses basic information on trans* identities and national organizations for trans* individuals.
- Policies - This section outlines UNC Charlotte departmental policies and procedures that may affect trans* students. This section also provides information on North Carolina and Federal guidelines for changing your name and/or gender marker.
- Support - This section houses information on support for trans* students both on and off campus. This section also has resources for those looking to transition.
- Restrooms - Sometimes finding a comfortable place to use the facilities can be difficult for people who do not identify as male or female or may be in the process of transitioning. This section outlines all buildings on campus and discusses what restrooms are available in each building.
- Contact - Do you need help? Email Joshua Burford
The National Center for Transgender Equality has put out its new report about the state of Affairs for Trans people in the United States. You can read the report here.