UNC Charlotte offers several on-campus events specifically focused on the experiences of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgender Individuals, and Queer People. Learn more at Campus Events.
OFFICE OF IDENTITY, EQUITY, AND ENGAGEMENT
The Office of Identity, Equity, and Engagemnet is dedicated to celebrating all forms of diversity. The Assistant Director for Sexual/Gender Diversity works specifically with the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning populations here at UNC Charlotte.
For trans students we offer several programs that specifically address this topic including:
- Safe Zone Ally Program
- Friendly Peer Training
- My Life in Transition Panel Discussion
- Trans Student Support Group
Visit us in Student Union 210, on our website or call 704-687-7121.
Spectrum is UNC Charlotte's LGBTQ student organization. They offer fun programs, support, and a safe place for LGBTQ and Ally students.
Spectrum meets twice a month on campus. Please check Niner Engage for meeting times, locations and other details.
Some of Spectrum's trans programs:
- Trans Awareness Week
- Trans Movie Night
- Scarlet Fever Charity Drag Show
Visit Niner Engage for more information.
The purpose of the Safe Zone Program at UNC Charlotte is to create an affirming and supportive campus climate through identifying and educating members of our campus community who are opened to and supportive of all individuals regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. A large portion of Safe Zone Training focuses on trans identities and how to better serve trans students.
- A Safe Zone Ally at UNC Charlotte is an informed campus partner who has committed time and energy through organized training to learnmore about individuals that may identify as Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning or may be unsure of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- The Safe Zone Symbol (pictured) is a visible symbol of support and an affirmation of commitment by that individual to fight homophobia and heterosexism at UNC Charlotte.
There are several opportunities on UNC Charlotte's campus for trans students to find support.
Do you know of a support group or organization that we haven't listed? Then submit your group to us today!
If you have questions, are a new or returning student, or a community member please email or call the Office of Identity, Equity and Engagement at 704-687-7121.